Thursday, April 30, 2015

The year I received tenure, a colleague said to me "Hey, Gina.  You really should be on our union executive board.  You LOVE politics, and it's not that much work."  She was right, I do love politics.  And, I wouldn't call it work - it's more of an education.  I have learned more about leadership, compromise, patience and persistence from this group - and I am so thankful for those lessons.  We are all activist, and working within our local and organizing provides us with an amazing platform to use our voices for good.  I am proud to say I am a union member, and that I stand along side those who are not only advocates for our kids, but highly education people who never quit working for the collective good.  So, thank you.  Your work is important and necessary.  Cheers.

























Yeah, that totally was my speech. But, it truly is an honor to be recognized by people I so admire.

No comments:

Counter