Thursday, March 17, 2016

Saint Patrick's Day was always a big deal when I was a kid.  I remember Grandma telling me stories of the blarney stone, and a leprechaun making a mess of her classroom.  I remember Grandpa buying us green flower corsages, and wearing them to school.  I remember Mom's green outfits and (of course) sparkly green fingernail polish.  It was extra special, because my parental units made it special - and it was special because it was different. (I guess not all families celebrate St. Patrick's Day like the Bennetts.)

And, that is why I think it continues to be special for the Prose kiddos - and yet again, that pesky leprechaun left a scavenger hunt of riddles, and two little baskets to collect gold coins along the way.

As they scampered through the house, excited by each discovery, I didn't even notice H's rosy cheeks - but the nurse did, and called before 8am.

No comments:

Counter