Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Tournament

The weekend of May 19, 2012 was our first experience with tournament parenting.  Bennett had his first karate tournament in Minneapolis.  He was super stoked about the whole idea of getting a really big trophy.  I was a bit apprehensive...  I knew Bennett would do his best, and I also knew he would probably get some sort of participation ribbon or medal - I was not so certain that a big, huge trophy was in his future.
Bennett got his "yellow card" with all his belt information, and time for his qualifying rounds.  The audience waiting with anticipation, and tried to keep the girl from running into the rings.
It's weird, the feeling of nervousness and anxiousness you feel when your kid is about to perform.  My stomach was a bit queasy, and palms a bit sweaty.  (Which, I kept reminding myself, WAS RIDICULOUS, because this was a karate tournament for 5 year olds!!)


When it was Bennett's turn, he walked slowly and seriously up to the judges - and was so awesome!!!  Of course, it brought a tear to my eye.  He was so proud, as were his parents.
And, he got his big trophy!!!




No comments:

Counter