Friday, May 25, 2012

Some Time in the City


While I have accepted my devotion and loyalty to suburbia, I also absolutely the city.  And, I love spending weekends in the city.  In my world, there are two possible scenarios - I bring the kids to the city, or I leave them in suburbia.  There are pros and cons to each situation, and our latest weekend in the loop, I did some research on both. 


 I love that we can walk to the grocery and the bar and the magic shop.  There are award winning restaurants, with changing menus and fresh, local food.  There are water falls, and parks and museums, and rent-a-bikes.  Harps gets this wide eyed look when she sees the cityscape, and Bennett's mustaches are not even given a second glance (ok, usually they are, but everyone is pretty accepting.)

In years to come...  In a city ~ or many cities ~ I see Harper living.  In a city (laboratory), I see Bennett working.  And, of course, visiting their mama in the 'burbs, every other weekend.

No comments:

Counter