Saturday, May 26, 2012

Total Nutjobs



The first time I heard the term, "nutjob", was in 1999.  I had just started dating Andrew Prose.  I met his parents, and instantly loved them.  Wes and Rita have been married "a hundred years or more", and it's apparent how much they love each other.  It's also apparent how much they can annoy each other at times, (lovingly, of course).  That initial gathering was full of laughter, and I felt like I had known the Prose Parentals for a lifetime.  When AP and I left the river, he commented with a smile, "Total nutjobs? Right?"

Yep, complete and total nutjobs, and I couldn't be more thankful for the son they raised, and the way they welcomed me into their home, and lessons they would teach me and my children.

And, then I look at the above two shorties, and you know what I'm thinking.

Total Nutjobs.

No comments:

Counter