Thursday, February 26, 2015

 The police arrived tonight. As I was sitting in the front room, enjoying a glass of red wine, I saw an unmarked SUV pull on the drive. A tall, dark handsome man walked up, and I could see his badge bouncing against his chest. "Oh boy." Was all I could think. I was pretty sure we were being subpoenaed for what? I had no idea.

The plain clothed officer knocked and introduced himself. He proceeded to show me a picture of our neighbor, and ask if I knew him. "Yeah, he's a nice young man, who loves to fish, and I think is a cop?" Was my immediate response. Tall and Handsome officer smiled. Apparently, they do neighborhood background? Investigation checks?on possible candidates for the suburbian police department. Tall and Handsome was just doing some research, as part of the interview process. We chatted for a bit...

I did not know this was part of the process for new officer hires, but I kinda liked the idea of our local force being vetted. I had nothing bad to say about our young neighbor. But, I do wish I had taken a pic of (or with) officer Tall and Handsome.

No comments:

Counter