Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Repost from June 09, 2010:

I woke up early (surprise!) and got Bennett ready for school.  After AP and the boy left, I crawled back in bed to bask in my miserableness.  The uncomfortableness soon turned into hunger, and I waddled my way into the kitchen.  I popped an english muffin in the toaster, and then it happened.  At least, I thought it happened...  Maybe it happened...  Actually, I wasn't quite sure what had happened...  Shannon answered on the first ring, and I sputtered.... "Sooooo, either I just peed my pants, or my water just broke..."

After chatting with Shannon, and figuring out what to do, I called AP.  He was in the middle of feeding 400 people breakfast, but answered on the third ring.  He was on his way home before I could even tell him to get in the car.

Arriving at the hospital, we were admitted and told that my doctor would not be able to perform the delivery.  Although I was super disappointed (and now kind of scared), I knew I was in capable care.  I was "third on the list" and very grateful I didn't actually eat my english muffin.

Five years later, we simply cannot imagine life without our little gypsy.  She is full of incredible love and a spirit that may require (responsible) hula-hooping. 
Happy happy birthday, Sweet Harper Nicole.  There are no adjectives to adequately describe our love for you, Junebug. 

No comments:

Counter