Saturday, December 15, 2012

Twas the Night of Knitting

Prose Family Christmas has traditionally been held on Sunday afternoon.  Every year, Amy and I talk about how this just doesn't seem like enough time.  Now that we have the bunk house, we decided that 2012 was the year to (finally) extend our family gathering.  SLEEPOVER!

It was decided that the kids and I would meet Amy and the girls at the River.  We got clearance from Grandma and Papa, and developed a plan that included pizza and knitting.

I have been wanting to learn how to knit.  Amy is a master, and she promised to give me some lessons.  She brought me some fancy, purple needles, and I brought some wine.
Seriously, one of the best nights of the year.  We laughed, and Rita and Wes told us stories from the Prose childhoods, we solved the problems of the world, and I learned to knit. (kind of).  The kids entertained themselves.  Gotta love cousin love.

 This is a tradition we will continue.  I have to finish my Barbie scarf sometime...


No comments:

Counter