Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Saturday Morning List

I was raised with a Saturday Morning List.  Every weekend, Nicole and I each had a list.  That list included dusting, vacuuming, cleaning a bathroom and some other chore (burning the garbage? folding some laundry?)  Growing up, this list irritated me, because I usually had to rush so I could call Renae at 10:45am.  But, I always got it done, and made the call in time.

Thirty years later, on the the last Saturday morning of 2012, I got up and made the list - and it was long.  I was not even close to done by 10:45am, and again, I was irritated.  I had a lot to do, so when Andy came and asked if I wanted to go sledding with the kids, my initial response was "Are you kidding??  Have you even seen THE LIST??" and I'm pretty sure I stormed off.

Then, I had one of those moments, where you make a life altering decision, and I dug out my snow pants.







The Saturday Morning List got done, but I'm not really sure which day that week.  When my kids are older, I hope they learned from their mama what I learned from mine.  Make a list, and be sure to get it done.  But, when a good sledding day occurs - take full advantage.

No comments:

Counter