Tuesday, February 11, 2020

When you are in your 40s, and your birthday is on a Tuesday, it's probably not going to be that exciting.  Unless you are an elementary school teacher.  When you are in elementary school, your birthday is a really big deal - regardless of your age.  And, today was pretty much the perfect birthday.  It started with my favorite 3rd graders, and being serenaded by various classes all. day. long.  I was showered in special gifts, including candy, flowers, and countless pieces of artwork.
 

After school, I got to attend a yoga class with my favorite instructor, and came home to a table of gifts that I was not really supposed to receive.
Not that I wasn't going to get birthday presents.  Everyone deserves presents on their birthday - but the plan was to buy me a dishwasher for my birthday!  Lucky me, in addition to a dishwasher, I also scored a new blow dryer, some fuzzy socks, and bath salts!
 Just when I thought it couldn't get any more perfect, dinner was served.  More of my favorites - Pho!
And, the cherry on top, was my final serenade of the day, and cheesecake. 
I'm so lucky to be loved so much (and probably should have taken another picture...).

No comments:

Counter