Thursday, January 24, 2019

The orginal plan was to drive to Sioux Falls, SD, and stop for the night.  Then, we would head to the edge of NE, and stop, and the final travel day would take us up the mountain and to our besties.  

But, in typical Prose Fashion, the plan was changed due the continued awesome-ness of the Ninja and the Gnome.  These two were the best travelers.  They did not complain once - not once.  They kept themselves busy with homework and movies and playdough and a tape dispenser. (Don't ask.)  When one started to get a bit antsy, the other provided entertainment. 

Because of the their rock star status, we decided to breeze through NE, and head straight up the mountain.  For months, I had been wondering if these mountains would sing to the kids, as they sing to me.  Would they feel the beauty?  Could they hear the call?
At the first glimpse of the foothills, I knew they did, and I felt relief.  I'm not sure I would know what to do, if they didn't hear the lyrics, because...  well, there are just no words to describe the vibe... 

They were tired, yet ready to explore.  And very hungry, so we headed out for burgers.

No comments:

Counter