Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Dyeing of the Eggs

After 13.1, I took a long hot bath, and put on my pajamas.  While the rain and wind made for crummy race conditions, it was perfect lazy Saturday afternoon conditions.  I wanted to lay in bed and watch TV, but was convinced to first dye some Easter Eggs.

 I wish I would have videotaped the conversation.  It was so typical Bennett and Harper.  Harper just wanted to throw glitter everywhere, and rub it all over her arms and cheeks.  She also made all her eggs pink, with only one purple one for me.  She insisted writing H's on all her eggs, and plopped them (a bit aggressively) into the cups.  She was over the whole activity in about 7 minutes.

 Bennett made sure each cup had the exact same amount of water, using a measuring cup.  He laid each of his eggs, single file, on a dishcloth.  Using an eyedropper, he created intricate "tie dye" patterns, starting over a time or two because it just wasn't quite right.  He discussed several options for complete egg covering.  He designed special eggS for his daddy.  After about 35 minutes, I told the boy it was about time to finish up.

These two crack me up.


No comments:

Counter