Sunday, April 20, 2014

13.1 is DONE!

In January,  I registered for the Earth Day Half Marathon.  April 19 seemed soooooo long away, and I felt good about weeks of training.  Twelve weeks, to be exact.  It was a bigger commitment than I thought.  Thank goodness Bennett and Harper are such good kids - and becoming pretty independent.  They played while I ran each day, and often they would come cheer me on as I plodded along in the basement.
April 19th crept up on us, and the morning of the race arrived, and I awoke to 25mph winds and white spots that signify strep throat.
 But, we did it, and just like the shirt says, "running sucks".  Two and a half hours later, Annie Belle and I crossed the finish line.  Anne could have left me in her dust, but she didn't.  It's a good ting, too - as I'm pretty sure I would have quit or cheated, had I been running it alone.




Check that off my bucket list.  (I don't have a bucket list - and if I did, I'm not actually sure this would be on it...) 


No comments:

Counter