Thursday, August 22, 2013

The List for Fritz

Finally, the letter arrived!!  Bennett's first grade teacher is Mrs. Fritz.  Bennett is "kind of" excited about starting a new year, but is pretty sure he knows everything already.  (I have been told you learn all you ever need to know in kindergarten...) In true Prose boy fashion, he is also is a bit apprehensive about Mrs. Fritz.  I am quite sure that Mrs. Fritz is pretty awesome, but the only thing Bennett knows is Ms. Blomgren, and those are some pretty big shoes to fill...

I've learned with the boy (and his Daddy), it's best to just ease into any new adventure, and let him get comfortable, so we took the school preperations in tiny steps.  First, get the list.
 and, the backpack and supplies.  That was it, and it was enough to get a bit of excitement running.
That evening, Bennett did ask if we could research his new teacher a bit (ie: stalk the poor woman on Facebook and Pinterest).  I suggested we just ask the neighbors.  He did, and Madilyn eased his anxiety a bit, when she told him that Mrs. Fritz was HER teacher in first grade, and she was pretty awesome. 

I refrained from my motherly, "I told you so!"s. 

Can't believe the boy is going into first grade.  Seems like yesterday he was at preschool screening, telling the teacher his B words (which, in case you forgot, were "bras" & "beer").

No comments:

Counter