Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mississippi River Nature Fest

Laura lives behind us, and she is often outside during the summer days working in her yard, playing with the kids, or tending the garden.  The other day, as I was puttering around, she told me about the incredible Mississippi River Nature Fest, and how the kids would love it, and I should bring them  to check it out.  (ok, so maybe Laura doesn't know me that well...)  The thought of packing up the kids, and driving to some nature reserve to walk around and investigae wild life stuff, was pretty much the last thing I wanted to do.  I intended to use my favorite parenting strategy "The Omission", and continue on with our day.  Unfortunatley, I didn't share this strategy, and Laura and Max asked Bennett if we were going out to the festival.

Bennett heard "festival" and the decision was made.  I packed up the kids and headed out to the Mississippi River Nature Fest.  And - It. Was. Awesome.

 There were various stations set up, for kids to experience all kinds of out-doorsy activities.  Bennett was in heaven, and Harper was happy to run around in the grass.  It was very hands-on, and totally FREE!



 Harper did tell me that "princesses don't don't like this stuff",  and I'm pretty sure she would have been fine staying home and dancing around in our little backyard.

 But, the prince enjoyed this big backyard, and I promise to tell Laura "thank you!" next time we chat.  We will go back, and I won't roll my eyes at the next suggestion of a nature festival.  ok, maybe I will - just a little.  The things we do for our kids...

No comments:

Counter