Saturday, November 24, 2018

 Grab the chainsaw and the fuzzy hats, and we're off to find the tree, Clark!
 Papa and Grandma asked us to come with them on their tree hunt, and while I wouldn't normally drive 90 minutes to cut down a tree, Papa told us they were the best trees around, and I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to hang out with my favorite Prose people.  So off we went, in search of the perfect - short needle - tree.




We found the perfect short needle tree for us, the fattest tree for Grandma and a tall skinny one for Auntie.  After filling up the truck, Harper slid her hand in mine and smiled up at me.  She said "Mama.  I found a tree for my room.  Wanna see??"  She and the Boy ran ahead to the most perfect little tree.  She asked in an unsure voice, "Can I get it?"  and I could tell by the look exchanged with her brother, both had predicted a negative response.  However, there was absolutely 100% no way I could ever say "no" to this request and the sparkle in her eyes.  "You sure can, Harps.  Go get Daddy and the saw."  She grabbed Bennett's hand and they sprinted away - before I could change my mind, even though I never would. 



It was a perfect day, filled with perfect people and four perfect trees.

No comments:

Counter