Monday, May 26, 2014

Memoryial Day

The kids and I went home for Memorial Day weekend.  Home to the farmstead, then home to Rose Lake.  It's hard to describe, and I'm not sure I'm even ready to write about it, but I said my goodbye to the farm, and made sure to have my kids got to do all the fun things I remember doing growing up.

We ran around and practiced Parkour, We climbed the old thrashing machine, and visited the ponies.



 We rode the 3-wheeler, with one kid on the back and no helmets, and we rolled down the "big ditch" hill.  Harper explained to us that is what you do when you get fired, "stop, drop and roll".

We played basketball, and Dad won.
 We visited The Great Ones, in their respective Homes.
 And, we packed up....

 And I told the boy some stories, about running to the burning barrel, and climbing the rock garden, and how important the land is to family.

Then we drove home to Rose Lake.  This place is so awesome, and will be even better when the furniture arrives!




No comments:

Counter