Saturday, May 31, 2014

Bennett has officially entered the social scene.  That kid has more birthday parties to attend, than I thought humanly possible.  Literally, he came home with an invitation every day last week.  He said, "Mom, I'm so popular!!!" to which I replied, "You must be a really good friend." 

Anyway, with the boy being scheduled, that left the rest of us to hang out for the day, and Saturday's project was getting rid of all the dead bushes in our front yard.  Oddly, they all died this frigid winter...   So we headed to the depot for replacement plants.

 H fell asleep promptly at `12:30, and as she rested, Andy began prepping his master plan for the bush removal.  He kept yelling at me to "STAND BACK!!!!" because, apparently, the tow straps could kill me.  Then, he told me to go make some lunch. 
 I'm a really good lunch maker.

 Here's my favorite combo - the before and after.   Those ginormous balls of dead roots were hEaVy!!  It took all our strength to heave them into the back of the truck, but it was definitely worth it.  Now, for some more flowers and pots.

No comments:

Counter