Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Sale of the Century

I decided that I wanted to have a garage sale, and I asked Kylee to join me.  She, of course, was game to participate.  I thought this would be a great way to force me to go through all the bags and bags of kids' clothes in our basement.  Also, it would force me to organize some toys and closets of junk.  I was hoping the purge would begin in the spring (when I had this bright idea), but it began July 01.  I also wanted to have a "FREE" garage sale, but Ricky convinced me otherwise. 

My first red flag should have been when I realized how many actual bags of clothes we had.  My second red flag should have been when I decided to keep all the girl clothes for T.  The third red flag should have been the forecast for our sale - 100+ degrees and super high humidity.  Apparently, I'm not very skilled at noticing gigantic, waving, red flags.

We started our day with a strategic planning session.  We knew the weather was going to be a scorcher, so we decided it was best to stay hydrated.

 Then, came prepping the yard with all our goods.  We had something for everyone - tables and chairs, and baby strollers, and seats, and toys, and skiis, and speakers and tvs and BEAVER BOOTS. (no joke.  size 9/5) We also stocked a huge cooler with bottled water and the freezer full of freezies.



 Kylee operated the money station, and for 3 days (well, really 2 and a half) we sold our worldly possessions.
 In the end, I think I made $275.  Which I spent the next day at the Marshall County Fair.


No comments:

Counter