Monday, April 22, 2013

the sqrl

With Bennett missing so much school lately, he was not happy about going back.  He was anxious about being behind, he was getting used to laying around the house, and watching Scooby Doo.  He didn't want to go, his stomach hurt, he cried and hid under the covers.

I have been on the other side of this situation many times in my career.   I have had parents call and email, and even come into school very concerned about their student.  "Please let me know how Susie is doing.  She had a rough morning." I always tell parents the same thing, "Susie is just fine!  Once they get here, they are always ok." 

Well, being the parent now, I was worried about poor little Benito.  He did have a rough morning, and I was thinking about him and wondering if he was crying at school.  But, I did NOT send an email or call Ms. Blomgren.  She beat me to it.
Hi Gina,

Just wanted to quick send a note about how glad we are to have Bennett back.  He mentioned the flu traveled around your house, hope everyone is feeling better. Had to share this picture from last week, he was excited to share his non-fiction journal of an squirrel with labels. Look at that sentence too... Love it! Have a good day!

Jenna


Ms. Blomgren is the best teacher ever!!  We truly love her.

PS: The sentence reads, "I labld the sqrl."

No comments:

Counter