Sunday, April 21, 2013

Infestation

It started 14 days ago, when the nurse called me from school.  "I have Bennett in the nurse's office."  Poor little bugger threw up (in the bathroom) and had a fever.  Andy picked him up, I came home early, and so began our bout of the Prose Plague 2013.

The fever lasted 3 days for B, and was a solid 103*.  As his temp finally broke, the girl warmed right up.  Andy and I did our best to take turns going to work,  managing the medication and patients. 

 One week later, everyone had some energy back, and was at a normal (or close to normal) temperature.  I sent everyone to school and work.  Then, came the call from Ms. Kelli. 

 This time, we needed buckets.  The bucket flu entered our house, and didn't leave until it had been shared with everyone.  It was a disaster, but I was so grateful that we all were not sick at once.  I was well enough to take care of Andy and the kids, and Andy was well enough to take care of me.  Also,  Harper takes direction well, and learned how to use her bucket.

We missed school, we missed our neighbors, we missed a birthday party. 

But, today's a new day, and we are back!!

No comments:

Counter