Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Does that even match?

Our kitchen is a work of art.  It is a masterpiece of design, and I like to think it was kind of a group effort.  We had a lot of dialogue about the kitchen.  We looked at many websites (houzz being my favorite), and magazines.  There were a few things that we knew we wanted.

AP: wood floors, gas stove, white cabinets & concrete countertops
GP: farmer's sink, wainscoting,  & big family table

Lucky us, the house already had beautiful wood floors,  my husband has ADHD and is pretty wicked handy (and did I mention T was currently unemployed?).  AP picked up some appliances at an auction.  We made several trips to IKEA (cabinets, sink), and there were countless Craig's List finds.  The kitchen evolved in several layers.

Before:



  Phase One Complete:



The above pics is the kitchen I came home to after Ann's wedding.  I was shocked by the transformation in a few short days.  The lower cabinets had been refinished, the new uppers hung, the appliances in, wallpaper border off and new paint on.  Now, it was my turn as AP had to go back to his paying day job.

No comments:

Counter