Friday, May 1, 2009

big boy

i know a lot of you are thinking, "what happened to that little baby?" i know my mom was when she took the pic of me in my basketball uniform. i am officially a toddler, no longer a baby. that means, NO whining, NO using my hands to eat, NO sticking out my lower lip to get what i want, and NO MORE CRIB. yep. you read correctly. i got my self a regular big boy bed.

as you can see, it is a captain's bed, so it is a little high off the ground. i need a stool to crawl up, and quite honestly, i didn't think i could get down by myself. the first night, i slept like a champ, and in the morning called for mom. "mommy!!! good morning!!! come get B out of the big boy bed, please!!!" now, mom and dad were thinking they were pretty smart, because i was not getting out of bed myself. but, you know what they say about that falling apple... i'm no dim bulb.

last night, i learned how to slide down, and creep down the hall, just to check and see what mommy was doing. i thought it was a great game. however, mommy just kept putting me back to bed. when daddy got home, she told him that she just "super nanny-ed" my butt and it eventually worked. so much for that game... but, i'm pretty sure i will give it one more shot...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow Bennett - That is one COOL looking bed!

Counter