Wednesday, May 15, 2024

* NEW * 
Flofirinox (5FU)
First timer here. Thank God, for Alex. He was my RN for this first chemotherapy infusion day. He is a gift of a human - and I cannot thank him enough for his support, knowledge, patience and witty banter. Being new to this whole treatment business, no one really knew how my body would react - yet that didn't stop my body. We had twitching, and swelling, tingling and more swelling and the twitching, then the water turned to slime and my uncertainty rose. Alex handled it with a tidal wave of calm. He handled it with ease and confidence. He educated, and told stories, and laughed and just sat with us until it was time to go home. Then, he gave me flowers, in a surgical glove vase, and told me he knew I could do it.

Thanks, Alex. Because of you, now I know I can do it, too.

 

No comments:

Counter