Thursday, July 4, 2019

It was all fun and games, until...






 this happened.
 Sorry.  Super gross, I know, but I felt the picture was necessary in order to tell the story.  Here's the scene - the Prose family is enjoying themselves on our very own private sandbar down the river.  The kids are splashing and playing in the water, the grownups are catching up with some craft beer, and then the scream.  "SOMETHING SHARP SOMETHING SHARP!!!" erupted from Gracie's mouth.  Now, Gracie has a tendency to lean toward the dramatics, so I must say no one really reacted too quickly.  The, Bennett picked her up and we saw the blood gushing from Grace's foot.

I learned 2 things very quickly.  1.  There are some major jerks who throw things in our water that should not be in our water.  1.  If I am ever in an emergency situation, I want my SIL Amy to be there, because she is amazingly calm in the face of injury.
 Amy and Grace headed to Urgent Care (not in Pine City) and the rest of us waited to hear the verdict.  And, it arrived in the form of a boot, and one brave faced little girl.
Fortunately, the rest of the time was spent without any further injuries - and just fireworks and food and our favorite family.  However, this 4th of July will probably always be remembered as the holiday Gracie gouged out her foot and went to Urgent Care. 

No comments:

Counter