Sunday, April 29, 2018

Today at school, some fellow teachers were talking about their frustrations because their (biological) kids fight all the time.  They were sharing stories of tears and yelling and all patience lost.  They were discussing strategies they have used to encourage their children to get along, and what they thought would work, but nothing seems to...  I was quiet, and someone said "Hey, Prose.  What do you do when your kids fight?"  to which I responded "They don't."  I got a few laughs and some 'whatevers', but I just smiled, because really - they don't.

These sweet faces lay on the floor to watch movies together, and help each other clean their rooms.  They whisper jokes to try to make the other happy when one is sad.  They hold hands when walking in parking lots and give hugs every night and morning.  Do they every disagree?  Sure they do - but they do not ever fight.  They are my favorite.


No comments:

Counter