Tuesday, September 5, 2017




 Last night, I laid in bed with my second grader.  There were no tears, until she asked me to go to work before the bus.  My sweet sweet gypsy being so self-aware, knowing that having Mama near can make her cry.  While we know it's going to be a great year, we still practiced breathing out the butterflies.  With a bit of surrender oil behind the ears, restful sleep came soon.  You have grown up so much this summer, Harper.  You are so brave.  Go get on that bus.
Last night, I laid in bed with my middle schooler.  We were both anxious, and emotional.  We both knew this would be a great year, but also felt the butterflies of the first day of school.  New school, new people, new routine.  It was a lot to think about, so we tried to think about nothing and drift off to sleep.  It took some time, but after just letting our body rest, our brain soon caught up.  Bennett Prose, you got this, kid.  I know it, you know it.

No comments:

Counter