Friday, February 22, 2013

Pink Princess Day

"PINK PRINCESS, MOMMY!!  I WANNA BE A PRINCESS!  A PINK PRINCESS!!  WITH A PINK BOW!!  AND A PINK SHIRT!!!  AND PAINT MY TOES, MOMMY!  PAINT MY TOES!  PAINT THEM PINK, MOMMY!!  PAINT THEM PINK!!!  NO, PURPLE. NO PINK!!!  I LOVE PINK, MOMMY!!"


The above dialogue is verbatim.  Normally, I would have redirected her voice level, and reminded her that you don't scream at Mama, even if you have declared it Pink Princess Day.  But, it was so ridiculously hilarious that we could do nothing but laugh at the girl.  Yes, she loves pink.  It's her favorite color.  And, she loves glitter, and princesses.

I never believed parents when they told me about "girls being girls" and "boys being boys".  I believe it now, as today we celebrate the pretend Pink Princess Day.

No comments:

Counter