Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Throne

Shhh - don't tell the kids, but AP and I are going on vacay in February.  We are going to Belize, and we will tell them eventually, but not this far in advance.  I'm super excited, and of course, have things that I must get done prior to departure.  Previous trips, I have began a strict training program to prepare.  This trip is no different, however, I'm not training to get in a swimsuit, I'm training Harps to get out of diapers.  My plan is to have her diaper free by the time Grammy and Grampy come to babysit the first week of February.

Getting the boy to use the bathroom was so easy - take off his pants - let him see how things work - and viola! he's trained.  I was pretty sure that was not going to be the case with the girl.  I tried the same strategy, and it was an epic failure.  I tried again, and tweaked my plan to include M&Ms.  Still a disaster.  When all else fails, leave the training to the experts. 

My expert (yet again), is Ms. Kelli - reason #458 she is the best child care provider on the planet.  She had Harps whipped into shape in no time.  Later the following week, I was giving all my diapers away to Boo (really, Orin.  Boo's pretty well trained.).

No comments:

Counter