Saturday, November 10, 2012

Chucky Cheese for my Birthday

When the sign went up, early last spring, for the new arrival of Chucky Cheese, Bennett decided that is where he would be celebrating his 6th birthday.  I wasn't too excited about this plan, and was quite certain he would forget.  Of course he didn't, and asked to go to Chucky Cheese every single time we drove by.  I told him (in February) that Chucky Cheese would be opening on his birthday. 

So, today, marked the official grand opening of Chucky Cheese (wink wink), and Bennett Daniel Prose's #6.
 Bennett's sixth birthday was also his first "friend" birthday.  He opted to choose 5 friends from his class because "5+me = 6".  This seemed perfectly logical.  How hard could it be to keep track of 6 kids at Chucky Cheese??


 Yep - it was the hardest thing I have ever done.  Thank goodness Kylee showed up, and kept an eye on the kid under the table, and the little girl who didn't speak.  Grammy and Grampy and Skip kept Harper busy and safe, while Andy and I ran around counting heads.  Talk about stress.

 But, the shorties had a blast.  B got some super cool gifts from his friends, and we were happy to meet the kids he talks about so much.   No one got injured, lost or cried.  I call that success.

No comments:

Counter