Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Hunt for the Perfect Tree


After spending a stuffed Thanksgiving with the Prose family, we packed up the car and headed to the tree farm. Finding the perfect tree is quite the adventure - and those Prose's take the hunt very seriously. I was just excited about the cookies and cider. Bennett could barely walk in his new fleece camo gear - and told me over and over "I'm too tired to walk much longer. Carry me. Carry me."
Daddy did most of the carrying. We searched and searched, until finally...
We found it - a glorious, 10 footer. We piled all four trees on the sled, and the horses took us back to the farmhouse. And guess who we found?!?!
The Big Guy! Bennett whispered in my ear, "Mama, I'm not scared of that guy. Think he has any candy??" My response, "Only for good little boys." Bennett replied, "OHHH! That's me!"

No comments:

Counter